2. Reflecting on the feedback I received, I was pleasantly surprised with all the positive remarks. I attempted to take a different approach and throw some numbers in there to captivate my audience differently. Most people said that they enjoyed the examples I used previously and I want to keep the pitch relatable so I tried to stay along the same structure. I did appreciate the feedback about my energy at the beginning, as this is the one moment I have to grasp the viewers attention. I am very grateful for that recommendation and will keep practicing how to create that "Attention moment" at the beginning.
3. I felt more comfortable making the pitch. Doing multiple pitches on the same concept allowed me to find a comfortable balance between selling a product and also selling an idea. This class has really helped me grasp the concept of how practice improves a skill set. I believe for a final pitch, I would like to completely memorize it and focus more on key pauses and times to raise and drop the energy level. Overall, this was another great learning experience and I am extremely grateful for the constructive criticism.
When you threw in some statistic and numbers, the concept for your project really resonated with me on another level, I had no idea that the average American spent approximately five hours everyday using some sort of electronic device with a screen. This is quite a surprising statistic, and I am sure that it will hit many other listeners hard as well. One of the coolest things about your pitch is how well you deliver it. The pauses that you make are perfectly timed, giving your listener time to absorb and understand exactly what you are saying. Overall, very great pitch and well done!
ReplyDelete