Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Idea Napkin No.2

1) I am a professional track and field athlete that noticed how addicted people have become to their mobile devices. It was unbelievable to witness my training partners checking their phones throughout training to avoid the feeling of missing out. Several have even purchased apple watches so they don't have to go to the actual phones but can get the notifications as they are working out. 
The qualities that would help my success in starting this business up would be my ability to find opportunities and examine them from all angles. I believe my network and experience on the largest stage of the sporting world would have given me a different perspective on how to set goals and reach them. 
I would aspire to use the tools I have gained from my current job and pass those on to future partners or anyone I come into contact with. Regarding the product, I would immediately speak to investors I know and throw the product to them. This would not be to gain financial backing but to see if they like it or could refer me to a friend that is interested in this field. 
2) Campfire is a product that blocks the notification alert from your mobile device. This product does not stop incoming messages or calls from coming in. It merely prevents the alert, that may cause distractions, and hides them until Campfire is turned off or you go beyond the reach of the product. 
3) Campfire is made for anyone who wishes to bring their friends and families closer. Any professional that hopes to gain the undivided attention of their coworkers, staff, or students. All the customers I am focusing on, are those who deal with distracted people. 
4) People will pay to use the product because we all have the need to be social. Some want a deeper connection than others, but we are not meant to do life alone. Campfire brings back face-to-face interactions. It takes away the urge to be miles away and be present with the people around you. 
5) This product is not on the market, so I don't have to worry about setting myself apart. The most difficult challenge would be for people to participate once people have bought it. As all parties have to register and consent to be shut off, my greatest challenge would be convincing people that it is worth it. 
When reviewing these elements, I believe there is a genuine connection between these factors. I think that our need to have friends and be social help support the thinking behind the product. As stated, the greatest challenge would be convincing people that the new trend of everything being at your fingertips and turning that off and being present, will be very difficult. For the well being of our future generations, I believe this is the way we need to go. Balance is crucial in life, but this wave of mobile technology and the apps have taken society to a place where face-to-face communication is becoming secondary. 
I was extremely grateful and motivated to receive such positive feedback on my product. I do believe that this opportunity is incredibly relatable and something that the older generation can genuinely relate to. I want to continue doing a better job explaining the concept and explaining that everyone has full control of Campfire. With all the issues of privacy and hacking and all the additional unfortunate events we are experiencing with the technological security breaching, people want to feel safe. So this has to be at the forefront of the campaign. 

1 comment:

  1. Tying together your prior experience into formulating future principles for your business undertaking is very well thought out, though I am unsure on how exactly campfire relates to your past works. Support for your product is more than good enough but be sure to invest in what others have to say about your product to avoid biased opinions.

    ReplyDelete