Saturday, February 23, 2019

14A- Halfway Reflection

I thrive to the opportunities to share any knowledge with someone who asks, that may present assistance in helping them have a better future. Tenaciousness is a perfect word to use when describing the attitude one must obtain to succeed in this class. Time management, organization, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all things needed to stay up with the course and to succeed. This class challenges you differently than other classes but also aids to personal growth concerning deeper thinking. This class presented an opportunity/platform for me to share small ideas that I once thought were meaningless. Now I believe these ideas could help or become something of importance. 
Being sure to find your rhythm early is vital. Finding the flow with dedicated lecture watching times, creating, and updating the blog will help you stay on track. 
Initially, i believed the blog was going to be too much for me as I have never participated in blogs, turned in assignments in this format, and even followed a class in this way. Once I set my mind to it, scheduled times throughout the week to focus on these tasks, I was right on track. Finding your groove or balance is critical. I must admit that I have developed a more profound tenacious attitude after taking this course. 
TIPS
1. Sacrificing personal time is a must. As there is a decent amount of work and reading to do, Netflix or other distractions may have to be put on hold for a bit. 
2. I found that students participating in the class were extremely valuable for me in the online setting. Many times they would say things I was thinking, and this would help clarify things I may have had questions on. So if you are in class, be willing to go out on a limb and ask a question because someone watching the lecture may be thinking the same and can't ask it right away. 
3. Let this class be the first step of thinking outside the box. Challenge the norm and be willing to contribute to the class, community, or world around you. We can be the next great entrepreneur that changes life as we know it, but you have to be willing to learn and take chances.


1 comment:

  1. You really described in detail what it means to have tenacity as an attribute and what having it could mean for your success. I also agreed with all of your tips that you provided. It is definitely important that you set aside some time each week in order to complete the assignments required and watch the lectures. I also recommend that everyone watch the videos because they offer a lot of useful and interesting information.

    ReplyDelete