1. The marketing segment I have chosen is the parent in the age gap of 40-50 years old.
2. Finding people that were willing to speak about the issues they had with their children and even spouses was very easy when searching for participants for the study. I asked the individuals what they felt was missing at their dinner times and just at home toward the end of the day. All parents were unified when saying "Quality family time was missing." This was different for different families. Many parents spoke about the schedules their children had and how they were running them from place to place. Also, how their spouses would sometimes eat separate to the rest of the family and this set a bad example for the children.
I would always follow up with the proposal of how Campfire abilities could benefit their household and possible bring everyone to the table and talking again. Two of the interviewees asked to immediately purchase the device as their tolerance for their children and spouse being on the phone continuously have driven them crazy. The other interviewee asked for the store or link to further research the product as there was a slight hesitation of the full capabilities to the product.
3. It was evident that all subjects used Amazon or Google for any product research. These were the two platforms immediately discussed when looking for further information on the products. The parents were interested in the privacy aspect and if the product somehow hacks their devices. The parents also wanted to know how large the product was and if there were different colors and strengths. Lastly, they all knew of additional parents that would be happy to put the product in their homes if it proved to be safe.
4. In the end, I learned that though Campfire's mission was well received, there seems to be a significant concern with the safety of the product. Recent security hacks have made families worry about the safety of their homes, wallets, and vehicles. With companies using so much fine print, parents have become hesitant about what these items may genuinely be up to. Claiming one thing but doing another. There would be a challenge at the beginning of product education but an additional push on the safety of the item. That the product is not there to listen, watch, and cause damage in any way.
I believe the segment I focused on was very knowledgeable and very excited for new possibilities. I also felt that there was a genuine unmet need and that many parents thought that the devices were changing parenting and marriage as a whole.

I think based on your interviews that the campfire product has a place inside of older generations hearts based on the nostalgia that they can recall from having dinners as a family back in the early 90s. I think with a tad bit more trial and error when it comes to customer reviews and you'll be set with regards to how to tailor this product perfectly towards the consumer.
ReplyDelete