Friday, January 18, 2019

3A- Your Entrepreneurship Story

I am exposed daily to the entrepreneurship world. The struggles, the joys, and the fights over who can make the greatest bid so seal the deal. I am a huge fan of Shark Tank and The Profit. These two shows are about individuals, couples, or small businesses looking for a business partner to save their business, start-up their business, or directly partner and redirect the company. The two shows have many similarities but also many differences as Shark Tank is about the initial investments and the occasional follow-up. The Profit is about all the stages of building a company.

I find these shows to be very addicting, as they challenge me to think more creatively. Entrepreneurship is about fulfilling a need or doing something more efficiently. It is incredible to see the concepts some people have created while going through their everyday lives. The unique factor is that an entrepreneur can be of any age. Once the light bulb goes off, it is only about who is willing to sacrifice the time and resources to fix a problem.

As these are both television shows, both have a bit of drama appeal to them and can go a bit overboard to mix things up a bit, but I am sure this is all about reaching the largest audience possible. But in the end, I think it is essential to see that anyone can be an entrepreneur. If you surround yourself with the correct people and genuinely solve an issue, you can change the entire way something is done.


I enrolled in ENT 3003 to challenge myself in a new area. I believe whether, in sports or life, you must create opportunities by thinking beyond. Going a bit deeper or taking a leap of faith with the complete uncertainty what may lie ahead. Entrepreneurs must always look beyond the present. They must see a problem and think about how they can go further. It is one thing to see potential, but to take the time to construct a plan, research, and eventually build something, takes remarkable courage especially when this idea may not be accepted by many if any. But if you believe in this, then you must continue to push or fight for that dream. 
I plan to gain a deeper understanding of how to construct an action plan. Thinking, dreaming, and discussing an issue is one thing. But taking steps to move forward, is another. 



No comments:

Post a Comment